Can I take my child out of school for a special occasion?

If you want to take your child out of school, you must complete a leave of absence request form, the school will then consider granting up to ten days authorised absence.

If you choose to take your child out of school for a holiday or any other leave of absence without permission from the school, it will be recorded as a period of unauthorised absence. This means that you may be issued a penalty notice (a fine) to pay.

Please contact the School Attendance Service for more information by calling 01733 863681 or email

How would you rate the usefulness of this answer

Please scale your rating below: