How do I get married abroad?

For a marriage or civil partnership overseas, you will need to find out what procedures are required by the country you have chosen in order to ensure you have a legal marriage or civil partnership.

As part of your preparation, you may be asked to get some documentation from the United Kingdom (UK) authorities if you are a British national. The Getting Married Abroad information on website is a good starting point in your planning process as it will indicate which documents you may be asked to get and how to apply for them.

How would you rate the usefulness of this answer

Please scale your rating below: