Where do I send my documents to support my benefit claim?

When you submit your electronic benefit application, you will be told if you need to provide us with any documents or further information. Please do this as soon as possible, because we will not be able to complete your claim until you do. 

There are three ways you can send this information in to us – whenever you contact us, please always quote your claim number.  

  • email - you can scan and attach your documents to an email, quoting your claim number as the subject and email to
  • in person - you can bring your documents to the Customer Services Centre at Bayard Place, Broadway (opposite the Central Library), where they will be verified and photocopied by a member of staff. 
    • Cross Keys Tenants only – you can take your documents to your local Cross Keys Housing Office where your documents will be copied and forwarded to us.
  • by post - you can post your documents to Benefits Service, Town Hall, Bridge Street, Peterborough, PE1 1BF. 

Please do not send items of value by post such as account pass books, passports, national savings certificates.

How would you rate the usefulness of this answer

Please scale your rating below: