Is there any financial help available for rent increases?

Extra help is available by means of a Discretionary Housing Payment Fund for those who are affected by this change. This money is intended primarily for:

  • those that have to remain in their property as it has been adapted to suit their disability
  • those who have to keep a room spare as they are registered foster carers.

Please note that the Discretionary Housing Payment fund has a limited budget. Once utilised, no further monies are released from central government until the next financial year.

How would you rate the usefulness of this answer

Please scale your rating below: