What complaints are pollution control normally unable to help with?

The council are normally unable to take action in relation to general living noise, such as:

  • footsteps
  • flushing the toilet
  • washing machines, vacuum cleaners etc
  • moving furniture
  • general talking
  • children playing/crying
  • slamming doors
  • shouting.

These tend to be the types of complaints that are received from residents who live in flats. It is not unreasonable for a person to use the space they live in to carry out normal every day tasks and activities.

The council are also unable to deal with certain random intermittent noise complaints such as:

  • complaints of very short term, irregular, unpredictable noise e.g. door slamming
  • single vehicle movements.

How would you rate the usefulness of this answer

Please scale your rating below: