How will I pay for the funeral of my relative as the council holds their social care money and I am the next of kin?

If the council has been managing your relative's finances, the funeral bill can usually be paid from the funds held if you send the bill to the council with the death certificate.

If your relative's funds were not managed by the council, and their money is held in a bank account, then the bank should release the funds to pay the funeral bill if you produce the bill and the death certificate. 

How would you rate the usefulness of this answer

Please scale your rating below: