What should I do with waste created by tradespersons working in my home?

Householders have a duty of care to ensure that any waste created by paid tradespersons/handyman working in their home is disposed of appropriately, safely and legally, either by themselves or by the tradesperson/s as a licensed carrier of waste. If you are not sure whether the paid tradesperson/s/handyman has got a waste carrier license to dispose of such waste, please call the Environment Agency on 08708 506 506.

Should householders decide to dispose of soil, rubble or DIY waste themselves at the Household Recycling Centre, they need to be aware that this waste type is not legally defined as household waste. However, we recognise that householders can produce small quantities of this type of waste so limited quantities can be deposited at the Household Recycling Centre.

How would you rate the usefulness of this answer

Please scale your rating below: